Emphasis continues on learning the game and advancing skill levels. This is the first time it becomes a real game of baseball. In this league, kids pitch to kids, players learn pitching mechanics, catchers gear is worn, stealing is allowed and umpires are used. There is a regular season champion, a tournament played based on seeding and a tournament champion.
- The base paths shall be sixty (60) feet and the pitching rubber shall be forty-six (46) feet from home plate. The minimum distance to the outfield fence shall be one hundred and fifty (150) feet.
- 10 players may play defensivly on the field and ALL players bat the entire game unless injured or being disciplined.
- There can be no more than four (4) players and the pitcher in the infield.
- Players in the outfield must be no closer than one hundred and ten (110) feet from Home Plate.
- There are NO leadoffs in this league.
- Runners can attempt to steal 2nd or 3rd base on a passed ball or wild pitch.
- Runners can NOT steal home. The only way a runner may advance home after being stopped at 3rd base is by a hit, a walk, or a throw attempt to another base. Runners may NOT advance home on an errant or mishandled throw between the pitcher/catcher.
- During a pitch, runners who are not on the base before the ball has crossed the plate shall be called out and the pitch will be a no pitch.
- After a walk, the runner must remain at 1st base until next legal pitch, regardless of any other live action as a result of the walk.
- "Mercy Rule": Game will be considered completed after either team leads by 15 runs after 4 innings or 10 runs after 5 innings. This rule is secondary to the time limit. If the home team is leading, the game will end at the point where the fore mentioned run lead is met.
- There is a five (5) run limit per half inning except for the sixth inning. The defensive team must record three (3) outs in the sixth inning regardless of the number of runs scored.
- No new inning shall start after one (1) hour and forty-five (45) minutes. It is possible to tie.
- The next inning is considered "started" at the 3rd out of the previous inning.
- Teams will be limited to a maximum of 12 players.
- Courtesy Runners will not be allowed except for injury. In case of injury, the courtesy runner will be the player that made the last out.
- Pinch runners are NOT allowed.
- All teams must complete an umpire evaluation after each of their own games. It should be completed by the Head Coach or his appointee.
- Future bats must be no greater than 2 3/4 barrel diameter.
- Bats must be ASA, USA, or USSSA approved and clearly stamped.
- The term "drop" is defined as the difference between the length of the bat and the weight of the bat. For example, if a bat is 30 inches in length and weighs 20 ounces then it is a -10 drop.
- -11 and beyond (-12, -13, etc.) are illegal. -10 and lower (-9, -8, etc.) are acceptable.
- All lengths are acceptable.